27th August – 1st September 2017 is World Water Week in Stockholm, the annual focal point for the Globe’s water issues. The theme this year is ‘Water and Waste: Reduce and reuse’. The majority of us will be guilty of wasting water on a daily basis whether it be leaving the tap running as we brush our teeth or letting the water run for a few minutes before having a drink so that it is running cold!
To coincide with this week, we are focussing on water too and have chosen to publish the following blog written by one of our Independent Consultants highlighting some of the benefits of Nikken’s PiMag® water technology.
14 Good Reasons to Drink Nikken Water
by Jon Edgell, Independent Nikken Consultant
It is now well known and accepted that the amount of water you consume everyday plays an important role in maintaining a healthy body – experts recommend drinking 8 to 10 glasses (about 2 litres) of water each day to maintain good health.
But not all water is equal so what water should we drink? Is tap water too full of contaminants? Is bottled or mineral water a better alternative? Or should I invest in a home water filtration system, and if so, which type?
Japanese wellness company Nikken’s water filter system takes its inspiration from the fresh streams of Japan, where the benefits of mineral rich, alkaline spring water have been known for centuries. This is the idea behind the Nikken Pimag® Waterfall Gravity Water System which seeks to recreate pure natural spring water in your home at an economical cost.
Read on to discover 14 good reasons why we think Nikken water should be your drinking water of choice:
- Nikken Pimag® water is particularly efficient at hydrating you, 75% of us are typically dehydrated.
- Nikken Pimag® water is energised, structured and conditioned by a unique filtering and magnetic system.
- The Nikken Pimag® water may help activate your thirst mechanism, which is normally suppressed or misinterpreted (often as hunger). The more Nikken Pimag® water you drink the more you want! This further helps to rehydrate you quickly. Try it!
- This encouragement to drink more and more water will not only rehydrate you, it will fill you up and satisfy your “hunger” thus being very useful as part of a weight management diet.
- The water is alkaline with a PH of approx. 8-9 (most bottled water is acidic – less than ph7, and most tap water is PH neutral, around ph7). Alkaline water may help contribute towards better body balance by counteracting the increased acidity of our modern diet.
- The all-in-one multi-stage filter helps remove contaminates typically present in tap water – these include heavy metals, pesticides, and chlorine.
- Most alternative filtration systems take out the good minerals as well as the bad leaving pure, clean, but “dead” water. The Nikken system adds back essential minerals including magnesium, potassium, calcium, manganese and sodium.
- The PiMag® Waterfall is environmentally responsible. It is manufactured using recyclable biodegradable materials, including a polymer that contains no bisphenols or phthalates and does not leach chemicals into water.
- The Nikken Pimag® Waterfall system is a countertop model – no plumbing is required and the system is quick and easy to use straight out of the box, with a small work surface footprint. It is therefore, also relatively portable and can be moved around the kitchen, house or office, or even taken on holiday.
- The Nikken Pimag® Waterfall is a gravity fed system with good flow rates. The system’s 5-litre tank will refill in a matter of minutes.
- The system has very good filter replacement rates – the filter will last for 900 litres (for a family of 4 using the system for all their drinking and cooking needs this will usually translate to about 3 months).
- The Nikken PiMag® water systems use BPA-free non-leaching biodegradable plastics.
- Nikken Pimag® water can also be obtained from any tap when you are out and about via the Nikken Pimag® Water Bottle – excellent for travel, reducing the need to buy bottled water which creates waste.
- And last and by all means not least the water tastes great!
By Jon Edgell, Independent Nikken Consultant
The views in the article are that of our experience Independent Nikken Consultant and not those of Nikken Europe.
Last Chance – Receive a FREE replacement filter with every PiMag® Waterfall Gravity System (1380) ordered between 12th June and the 31st August 2017.
The filter in the PiMag® Waterfall Gravity System is at its optimum for approximately three months. It should then be replaced to continue to create fresh PiMag® water.
For PiMag® water on the move try the PiMag® Water Bottle (1375), ideal for taking on holiday to enjoy that fresh filtered water taste (from any safe water tap) wherever you are!