A healthy hair care regimen requires us to keep our scalps clean and sufficiently moisturised. How often we wash our hair and what we use can go a long way toward maintaining smooth, shiny hair. Depending on our personal skin and hair type, here is our guide to help maintain healthy hair:
- Wash oily hair more frequently. If your scalp is oily, you may need to wash it every day but you need to be careful not to over wash and disturb the natural balance of oil. If you have chemically treated hair, your hair may be drier, so you may want to wash it less frequently to maintain natural moisture. As you get older, your scalp makes less oil, so you again you may not need to shampoo as often.
- Concentrate shampoo on the scalp. Washing only your hair can create flyaway hair that is dull and coarse. After massaging gently into the scalp, be sure to rinse thoroughly.
- Use conditioner after every shampoo. Using a conditioner can significantly improve the look of damaged or weathered hair by increasing shine, decreasing static electricity, improving strength and offering some protection from harmful UV rays.
- Concentrate conditioner on the hair, not the scalp.Conditioners can make fine hair look limp, for oily hair concentrate on the lengths rather than the roots. Again, be sure to rinse thoroughly.
- Let your hair air dry whenever you can. Hair dryers, curling irons, flat irons anything that produces artificial heat can damage hair and lead it to becoming too dry.
- Choose a range that is Sulfates, Parabens and PEGS free. True Elements™Shampoo and separate Conditioner contain quality, natural ingredients, such as Aloe Leaf Extract, Bentonite, Pro-Vitamin B5, Vitamin E, Copper Gluconate, Peppermint Oil and Germanium Sesquioxide that work together to clean, moisturise and condition the scalp. Formulated for all hair types (dry, normal, oily, chemically-treated, colour-enhanced, male, female) to help maintain healthy scalp and hair.
Purchase True Elements™ Shampoo and True Elements™ Conditioner from your Nikken Consultant. To connect with a Nikken Consultant click here.