Water not only helps when you’re feeling thirsty, but it can also improve concentration, alleviate headaches, aid weight loss, help improve skin and help regulate your body’s temperature. These are just some of the benefits of water, but most of us just aren’t drinking enough. The recommended daily allowance is 6-8 cups of water a day. But this depends on your weight, the amount of physical activity you do, and the climate that you live in.
Tips to make sure you’re drinking enough water
Here are a few tips to help get you drinking more:
- Start the day off with a glass of warm water and a dash of lemon – great for the digestive system (and to wake you up)
- Have a glass of water before, during or after every meal, it will help cut down your portion sizes too
- Keep a jug of cold water in the fridge instead of bottles of fizzy drinks or juices with high sugar content
- If you get bored of water try adding a little sugar free cordial to change the flavour
- Thirst is often mistaken for hunger, which means you tend to eat more, if you’re feeling peckish, have a glass of water first, if after a while you are still wanting to snack, try fruit or veg, they’re usually high in water content
- When you’re finding it hard to focus, this probably means you’re dehydrated. Drinking 6-8 glasses a day, you will see a difference in your productivity levels
- Try balancing every caffeinated drink you have with a glass of water
- Keep a bottle or Glass of water at your desk. As soon as it’s empty, refill it
At the Gym:
- Water before a work out will keep the heart rate and body temperature down
- Water can often help reduce snacking or over eating by suppressing your appetite and can regulate your metabolism too. Before giving in to a chocolate bar, have a glass of water instead
Other Handy Tips:
- Lay your hand flat on a surface and gently pinch the skin on the back of your hand. It should ‘snap back’ if it doesn’t, then this is an indicator that you could be dehydrated.
- Always keep a bottle or glass of water near you, you’ll find yourself sipping away without even realising
- There are now water alarms that can be downloaded for free on most smartphones. Just a quick reminder to drink up and a nice way to keep a record of how much you have drank.
But it’s not just how much water you drink, it’s also the quality of water that you drink. Tap water, or even some bottled water, is contaminated with up to 2100 known toxins. The PiMag Waterfall has been awarded a gold seal of approval from the Water Quality Association for its removal of various water contaminants, including Chlorine. Not only does the PiMag Waterfall filter your water but the mineral stones are able to adjust the pH of the water, making it more alkaline.
Why alkaline water you may ask? Alkaline water is formed on its way down streams and waterfall. It picks up various minerals, keeping the water active and reducing ‘clumping’. (They say people from regions around mountainous areas tend to live healthier and longer lives because the quality of water is so good.) But by using magnetic energy, the PiMag Waterfall recreates this natural process by encouraging the natural spiralling of water which also reduces this clumping, therefore removing excess acidity.
Our bodies tend to be over acidic, usually because we don’t drink enough water, we have busy lifestyles and may have a typical modern diet of fast foods and ready-made meals. Excess acidity leads to a number of problem, including headaches, heartburn and poor indigestion. But by drinking alkaline water, the acidity is reduced and balance can be restored. Known to increase energy levels and reduce the signs of ageing, even giving your body’s defence system a boost against disease.
So why pick OUR PiMag Waterfall?
Because without having to climb mountains to collect your water, or without having to chemically treat your water to remove contaminants, you simply fill up this compact Waterfall, and let the filter and mineral stones do their job. Not only does it leave your water tasting and smelling like water should, fresh and clean, but leaves it free of chlorine and other harmful toxins your body really doesn’t want. Not only this but making the pH just right for your body and for a limited time only you can take advantage of our 20% off offer.
For more information, please see Facebook for more details, or alternatively visit http://www.nikken.eu.