With cold winter mornings and frosty nights approaching, we’ll soon find ourselves hibernating in our homes. But by spending more time indoors, we are more likely to suffer from an indoor allergy. This week is indoor allergy week in the UK, a week used to emphasise simple things which can help eliminate household allergies, to help you have a sniffle-free winter.
There are a number of allergens that may contribute to you or your family feeling unwell. By spending a considerable amount of time indoors, allergens that previously wouldn’t affect you may start to. These include: House Dust Mites, Pets, Moulds/Mildews, Smoke, Cleaning Agents, Carpeting and Paint.
Not only do they affect the quality of air, but as a result of this can cause Congestion, Respiratory Problems, Itchy Eyes, Poor Sleep, Headaches and Lack of Concentration.
How Nikken can help you attack those Allergens:
- Breathe – An air purifier is the best solution to get rid of those germs during the winter. It encourages ventilation indoors and eliminating those horrid allergens too. The KenkoAir ®is known to remove airborne particles and allergens, including dust, smoke, pollen, mould spores, animal dander, dust mites and other harmful fibres. Using such an air purifier will reduce the risk of being effected by the Indoor Allergies this winter.
- Sleep – Beds are the perfect breeding ground for house dust mites, especially while you are sleeping due to the heat. Good practise to reduce this would be to regularly wash your bed linen, and try using anti-allergy duvets and pillows. But Nikken’s Sleep Products can also help. The Kenkopad®, Naturest® Quilt and Pillow are all made with materials to enhance ventilation. The natural fibres found in the products allow them to breathe, this is complimented by the anti-bacterial qualities found in the bamboo fibres . The latex used in the products ensures that it doesn’t become too hot or moist, meaning bacteria find it harder to multiply. All this to ensure ‘the bed bugs don’t bite’ and you have a comfy night’s sleep.
- Drink – Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated and active enough to fight off allergens. Try using the PiMag® Waterfall to really get the best out of drinking water. PiMag® Waterfall’s filtration system helps reduce contaminants, and maintain a healthy alkaline balance. To give your body that extra boost.
Other Hints and Tips to stay well this winter:
- When possible, try opening windows for a short period of time to increase ventilation and keep humidity down.
- Reduce the amount of clutter on shelves, tables, cupboards, window sills etc. to minimise the amount of dust.
- Regularly vacuum your carpet / floorboards, dust your furniture, and clean surfaces.
- Allow dust to settle after cleaning, before using a room.
- Try regularly wash pets, and clean/vacuum surfaces they may have laid on, as their fur hold on to allergens.
- Ensure good ventilation throughout the house in order to prevent mould. This includes keeping doors shut with cooking and bathing, opening cupboard doors, and not drying wet clothing on radiators.
- Ensure surfaces are cleaned and dried thoroughly to prevent mould spores.
For More Information about the KenkoAir, Nikken Sleep Products or the PiMag Waterfall please visit http://www.nikken.eu or talk to your Independent Nikken Consultant.