Water makes up more than two-thirds of our body weight, which is why it’s essential to stay hydrated. Approximately 50 – 70 % of our body is made up of water. Water plays an essential role in every part of our bodies and the processes that they go through. Whether it is digestion, absorption, circulation, the maintenance of body temperature, or the transportation of nutrients, water is there to help things go smoothly.
According to The Eatwell Guide1 from NHS England, the government recommends the consumption of 6 to 8 cups or glasses a day. Common sense dictates that the more we exercise, the more water we need to drink.
Here are a few of many benefits of drinking water:
1. Increases energy levels. Since the brain is mostly made of water, hydrating it will help us concentrate and be more alert.
2. Promotes weight loss. Water boosts the metabolism that will result in various health benefits such as weight loss.
3. Helps improve skin complexion. The skin is the largest organof the bodyand its role is toprotect usfrom microbes and the elements. It also helps regulate body temperature and permits the sensations of touch, heat, and cold. Therefore, keeping it hydrated is a must.
4. Boosts the immune system. According to Fit Day2, water can help strengthen the immune system by carrying oxygen to the body’s cells and it flushes harmful toxins from the body.
5. Promotes a healthy digestive system. Drinking water during or after a meal aids digestion. Water is essential for good health. Water and other liquids help break down food so that the body can absorb the nutrients.
The simplest way to ensure that you stay hydrated is to carry a water bottle. It’ll serve as a reminder to drink water throughout the day, whether you’re outdoors or sitting at your desk. Cold water can be especially refreshing and help you stay alert. Hot water, either alone or in a cup of green tea, can help calm and relax you in the evenings.
Keeping a PiMag® Water Bottle with you at all times is the smart way to stay hydrated as part of your Active Wellness lifestyle. You can fill it up with tap water and the patented micro filter will automatically help remove sediment, reduce chlorine and lead. PiMag® water technology adds natural minerals and helps adjust the pH value to 8.5-9.5, an alkaline range that helps counterbalance our acidic environment. In addition to its benefits to us physically, PiMag® water is so much cheaper than purchased bottled water, and is environmentally responsible.
The bottle itself is biodegradable and contains no BPA or other potentially harmful compounds. The filter components are replaceable, further extending the life of the bottle — by using the PiMag® Water Bottle, you’re helping to reduce the impact on landfill waste caused by disposable water bottles.
To support World Water Day on Friday the 22nd March, the Nikken PiMag® Water Bottle (#11375) is reduced by 50 % until the 31stMarch 2019.
18th March 2019