Heart health is important at any age. If you’re young, you might think you have years or even decades before it’s time to worry about heart disease. But heart health merits your attention at any age.
The number of young people suffering strokes is “rising dramatically”, according to the Stroke Association1. The average age of stroke victims has been falling in recent years and predicts the number of 45-year-olds and above being affected will increase by 59% by 2035.
Keeping your heart healthy is a critical aspect of Active Wellness at any age.
Here are some tips to help keep your normal heart function healthy:
- Aim for seven hours of sleep. According to WebMD, adults who slept soundly for seven hours a night had less calcium in their arteries (an early sign of heart disease) than those who slept less than five hours or more than nine hours.2 Nikken Naturest® and Kenko Sleep Products can help support restful sleep.
- Get your blood pressure checked regularly. Get your blood pressured checked every three to five years if you’re between the ages of 18 and 40; and annually if you’re over 40.
- Develop healthy eating habits. Focus on vegetables, fruits, whole grains and lean protein. Limit salt, sugar, saturated fats and alcohol. One of the fastest ways to clean up your diet is to cut out sugary beverages such as soda.2 KENZEN Super Ciaga® is a 100% juice drink containing no added sugar, preservatives or artificial flavourings.
- Get your blood sugar tested regularly. Millions of people have diabetes and aren’t aware of it until they suffer from a cardiovascular event. Diabetes adds to the risk of heart disease.
- Exercise regularly. Monika Sanghavi, Assistant Professor of Cardiology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center says, “We now know that even if you exercise for 30 minutes a day, being sedentary for the other 23.5 hours could be bad for your heart.”2 Break up long periods of sitting by standing or walking intermittently.
- If you smoke, quit. Don’t replace tobacco with e-cigarettes. They may not have the harmful chemicals in cigarette smoke, but they still contain nicotine.
N E W – Discover Nikken’s NEW Heart!
The new Kenko Heart pendant is made from 316L Medical Grade stainless steel for durability, features800-gauss neodymium magnets and is non-corrosive, hypoallergenic and nickel-free.
The pendant is reversible; gold toned on one side and silver on the other, with an etching of the Nikken logo. The Kenko Heart pendant fits perfectly onto the Kenko Perfect Link® II necklace. The Kenko Heart pendant makes a wonderful gift and statement. It’s the perfect gift from the heart.
Discover the new Nikken Kenko Heart pendant here: https://www.nikken.com/office/oecountry.htm
SPECIAL OFFER 3rd – 14th December 2018
Purchase a minimum of 3 pieces of ANY Jewellery or/and Watches and receive *FREE shipping on your order.
*FREE shipping offer valid only on orders that contain these items. Any other items added to the order will automatically incur the minimum freight charge.
3rd December 2018