The colder, winter season is fast approaching; which is when our skin needs some extra tender loving care. As temperatures drop, so do the moisture levels in our skin, which can cause our skin to become dry and dehydrated, losing its natural, healthy-looking glow.
There are just so many factors that can contribute to changes in our skin during the winter. Our skin is also less exposed to sunlight, which means less opportunity for our body to make vitamin D.
So, we can see just how important it is to take extra care of our skin at this time. Here are our best winter skincare tips and routines to help you look after your precious skin:
– stay hydrated… when skin loses moisture and becomes dehydrated it means it’s lacking the water levels needed to function effectively. Make sure you keep hydrated from the inside, which means drinking plenty of water every day.
– exercise… it might be difficult to leave the warmth of the blanket behind and get your body moving on a cold morning. But if you love your skin, do it! Exercise will pump up your heart rate, which in turn, pumps more blood and oxygen to your skin, keeping it looking healthy and glowing naturally.
– adjust your skincare routine… skin tends to produce fewer oils in the winter months, so include a heavier face and body moisturiser or include a moisture boosting hydrating face serum. Use gentle, natural skincare formulas that work with your skin’s natural barriers.
– get back tobasics… keep skin in optimum condition by cleansing thoroughly twice a day; once in the morning and once in the evening to remove make-up and airborne dirt particles. TRUE elements® Velvet Cleansing Milk, is made from organic seaweeds that work in synergy with skins natural barriers. TRUE elements® Fresh Tonic Lotion clears away any last traces of cleanser, whilst Aloe Vera helps keep skin feeling fresh and moisturised.
– give your skin a moisture boost… serums are packed with powerful ingredients that penetrate deeper than a moisturising cream and deliver more targeted results due to their smaller molecule size – serums are the unsung heroes of the skincare world! Nikken’s TRUE elements® Youth Activ Serum contains Hyaluronic Acid; well-known to help increase skins moisture levels by attracting and retaining moisture. Apply before your moisturiser.
– don’t forget your hands and feet! Hands and feet get dry too so it’s important to cream them up in order to keep them baby soft. Apply hand cream after washing your hands now more than ever. TRUE elements® Hand and Foot Cream contains seaweed extracts and Shea Butter to help keep skin well hydrated. Apply a layer of Hand and Foot Cream under socks before bed and wake up with super soft feet.
The TRUE elements® Marine Organic Skincare range is formulated using organic seaweeds harvested off the French Brittany Coast and are certified organic by ECOCERT1. Find out more about the range here…
16th November 2020