It’s simple: Water is the necessity of Life. Keeping hydrated is crucial for health and wellbeing. Many people do not consume enough fluids each day. Around 60% of the body is made up of water, and around 71% of the planet’s surface is covered by water. To function properly, all the cells and organs of the body need water.
Here are some of the benefits of good hydration for the body:
1. Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue. Since the brain is mostly made out of water, drinking it helps you to focus, concentrate better and be more alert. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted!
2. Improves Skin Complexion. Good hydration moisturizes the skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth.
3. Helps Maintain the Balance of Body Fluids. The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
4. Water energises your muscles. Having the right balance of water and electrolytes in your muscles helps them to perform at their best. That’s why it’s important to drink lots of water before doing exercise and to keep your fluid intake high during and after your workout.
5. Water gives your kidneys a helping hand. Your kidneys purify your blood and remove waste products from your body by passing them into your urine. As long as you are fully hydrated, your kidneys are highly effective at removing toxins such as nitrogen from your body.
But, how much water should you drink daily? The National Academies of Sciences recommends for women a total of 2.7 litres of liquid daily, including all beverages and water-rich foods.1 For men, the recommendation is a total of 3.7 litres of liquid daily, including all beverages and water-rich foods.2
Drinking PiMag® filtered water is a critical aspect of an Active Wellness Lifestyle.
Nikken’s PiMag® water systems are designed to take tap water and create the experience of drinking fresh, spring-like water. This is done through a multi-stage process of cleaning mineralising and energising the water in your home or office.
The Nikken PiMag Waterfall® is an advanced filtration system that produces water with added minerals in a pH range of 8.5 – 9.5. Regular tap water typically has a pH range of 6.5 – 8.5, with 7 considered “basic” and below 7 as acidic.3
Because the PiMag Waterfall® works without electricity or plumbing, it can be used in any location.
- NSF Standard 42 – Reduction of chlorine, chloramine, taste and odour
- NSF Standard 53 – Reduction of mercury, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs)
- NSF Standard 372 – Lead compliance
Spring Hydration Special Offer
From the 22nd March until the 17th April 2020, Consultants and Registered Customers receive a 20% discount on any purchase of the PiMag Waterfall®
* NSF stands for National Sanitisation Foundation. NSF is an independent organisation dedicated to ensuring the quality and safety of products in the marketplace.
23rd March 2020