Do you know about the 5 Pillars of Wellness®? These 5 Pillars are the foundation of Nikken and what our founder believed to be the essence of a balanced lifestyle. The pressures of daily living – a busy schedule, the demands of work, inadequate family or personal time, not enough rest, environmental challenges – can lead to a life thrown out of balance, a disturbance of our natural equilibrium. A balanced approach to living strengthens each of the 5 Pillars of Wellness® – Healthy Mind, Body, Family, Society and Finances – and results in a more satisfying, healthy and rewarding lifestyle.1
Each of the 5 Pillars relates to the others. Healthy Mind and Body go hand in hand. If you have a Family, you cannot be in balance unless each member is somewhat stable in mind and body. As we reach out past the family, we participate in our communities, just as Nikken is proactive in our Global Wellness Community.
Finally, we have the Healthy Finances Pillar. Simplistically put, this particular pillar is about making money. Unless we are born with so much money that we never have to work a day in our lives, our personal finances help determine whether we can be independent or not. When we have a hard time making ends meet, we worry (unhealthy mind) which takes a toll on our overall well-being (unhealthy body). Inevitably this will impact our relationships within the family and our community. Healthy Finances therefore are a critical part of an Active Wellness lifestyle.
Many people join Nikken because of our ground-breaking products that help us maintain or even improve upon a Healthy Mind, Body and Family. But how many are aware that Nikken also provides a way to contribute to the Healthy Society and Healthy Finances Pillars? Let’s take a single product and see how it might impact every pillar. Let’s use the KenkoAir® Purifier as an example.
- You purchase a KenkoAir® Purifier because you have furry pets that are shedding a lot and there is a lot of pollen with the spring season. There’s more sneezing going on and itchy eyes than usual in the household. It can be that you simply don’t feel your home smells fresh.
- Once you place your KenkoAir® Purifier your home, you notice it is working hard (the sensor is showing you each time it changes colour from blue to red and back again as it ramps up or down, depending on air quality).
- After a few days (or weeks) you notice the sneezing and itchiness have abated somewhat. Your friends come by and comment on how fresh your house smells.
- You’re socializing a bit more because you feel more energetic now that allergens or whatever else was in your indoor air is negligible, if not entirely gone.
- You want to share your newfound companion, the KenkoAir® Purifier, with your family members who don’t live with you, so they can breathe more freely, too.
- You also want to share your “breath of fresh air” with friends, because after all, friends share good things with each other.
- After hearing from you, your extended family and friends may want to try the KenkoAir® Purifier for themselves. You help them with the purchase and introduce other products that may benefit them. You may also introduce the business potential with Nikken as a way to earn some supplemental income.
- Each “share” you do that ends up in a purchase, results in a check in the mail for you from Nikken. It’s known as a commission, but you didn’t think of it as selling anything. You just wanted to share something really beneficial, because it’s the air you breathe every single day in your home that made the difference!
This actual scenario repeats itself around the world. There are people who discover this sharing of benefits as a way to make money. Many are stay-at-home mothers and ironically, the pandemic transformed many unemployed people into entrepreneurs – no need to leave home when you simply connect digitally.
Imagine how your Society and Finances Pillars would stabilize and expand if you consciously and conscientiously shared your discoveries of the different benefits of KenkoAir® filtration, Nikken Sleep Technology, magnetic technologies, alkaline PiMag® water, Kenzen® organic nutrition, TRUE elements® Marine Organic Skin Care and Kenko massage technology!
26th May 2022