An increasing number of people are looking for an Active Wellness lifestyle. Here’s a look at some of the predicted health trends for 2019 and… how Nikken products continue to be contributors to these trends.
1. Adaptogenic herbs are finding their way into everyday food and drinks. Adaptogenic herbs can now be found in coffee bars and tea shops.1 Adaptogens are also found in KENZEN Cleansedx and in KENZEN Lactoferrin 2.0®!
2. New and improved gadgets are appearing to help us recover quicker from strenuous activities. According to CEO Martin Tobias of Upgrade Labs, “Modern recovery technologies use stronger signals like vibration, infrared light, targeted compression, intense cold, intense heat, powerful detoxification and advanced nutrition to speed recovery and development.”2 The KenkoTouch® and the MagCreator are the perfect products to help in the natural rejuvenation of muscle fatigue.
3. Last year, sales of plant-based meat (a vegetarian meat substitute) grew to 23% and is forecast to continue expanding in 2019. Plant-based dairy was 13% of all milk sales in 2018 and also expected to grow in 2019. Plant–based fish and seafood, which reported sales increase of 72% from 2017 to 2018, is predicted to really expand in a big way. PowerPlant Ventures says, “If awareness of the negative impacts of ocean fishing and contaminants spread quickly, plant-based fish could follow the plant-based meat market in its recent accelerated growth.”3
4. As awareness of the importance of sleep for overall health grows, people are tracking their sleep patterns to find ways to improve the quality of their resting hours. According to virtually every sleep expert, it’s important to maintain a consistent sleep-wake schedule including waking up and going to bed at the same time and not deviating too much on weekends or days off from work. At Nikken, we believe the Kenko Sleep System can help poor sleepers achieve their best rest!
5. Digestive health is set to become a significant trend in 2019. The Kroger Company states that “medical studies show that a healthy gut is the foundation of overall wellness and more than ever before, consumers are seeking foods that support self-care and healthy immune systems.”4 KENZEN Lactoferrin 2.0® and KENZEN Digestion Complex 4-20 can help support optimal digestion, nutrient absorption, the proliferation of good gut bacteria and overall health.
As we continue to live in a world where instant gratification is so desired, fast food is not going away. The good news is that there is a growing trend toward healthy eating in the form of meal replacement shakes, salads to go and nutrient-dense take-out food. According to Mintel, a market research firm that forecasts data for thousands of consumer goods markets worldwide, “On-the-go consumers are shopping for grab and go breakfasts, quick snacks and dinner time solutions. Consumers are expecting high-quality food and beverage options that fit into their fast-paced, time-crunched lifestyles without having to sacrifice health goals or flavour.”5
Look no further than KVB® Meal Replacement Mix – Chocolate (# 16011), currently on offer at ½ price, which can be a meal or a snack, depending on your needs. It’s convenient and versatile, suitable for vegans and contains MCTs for your brain! It is an instant meal that supports the GI tract with an enzyme blend combined with probiotics.
2, 3. https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/wellness-trends-2019
19th December 2018