Personal development is the process of understanding ourselves so that we can strive to reach our full potential and become the best we can be.
Personal development affects every aspect of our lives. When we grow and develop as individuals we feel a sense of achievement, satisfaction and fulfilment. Becoming our best selves, being aware of the opportunities and possibilities, being more motivated and positive in our outlook affects not only ourselves, but also the ones close to us. Being focused on our own personal development is not selfish. On the contrary, it opens us up to becoming more open-minded and observant of the needs of others. Working on ourselves to become a better person benefits those around us.
Here are a few tips on what you can do to improve your life:
1. Make small choices for the better. Make positive choices and decisions that will lead you to a more fulfilling life.
2. Do something for yourself. Do something that you love, just for yourself.
3. Do something for someone else. The sense of satisfaction you get from helping others is priceless.
4. Define your own success. What is most important to you? What do you want to change? What do you want to learn?
5. Make sure your work and personal life are balanced.
6. Spend your time on the things that matter the most to you.
7. Practice Self Care.
8. Set goals for what you want to achieve. Set goals for your life that motivate and inspire you. Set goals that are specific and attainable.
9. Make a Life Cycle Plan.
Personal development gives you the opportunity to get clarity over your own vision for your life. Learning new skills and improving yourself drives motivation and increases your confidence. When you are self-aware and know yourself your social relations will also improve.
At Nikken we believe in the potential of every individual and ever since our company was founded 44 years ago in Japan, we have put focus on personal development with our training called Humans Being More Silver Training (HBMST). We believe that everyone can become their best self and that we as a community have a responsibility to help others live more fulfilled lives. Our philosophy is based on living a life in balance in what we call the 5 pillars of Health. With focus on having balance in these five areas of your life; Mind, Body, Family, Society and Finances, our HBMST training has helped thousands of people achieving a better life for themselves.
If you are interested in attending one of our trainings, contact your Nikken Consultant or contact Nikken at UKsupport@nikken.co.uk.
25th February 2019