Welcome to 2019!… Have you made any New Year Resolutions? One of the most popular resolutions is to make a commitment to improve overall health – crucial to an Active Wellness lifestyle. For each of us, that commitment is personal; however, the basics include eating healthy foods and moving more often. Resolutions need to be do-able and realistic in order for us to stick them.
Here are 10 practical ways to help you make 2019 a healthier year:
1. Eat more citrus. An article in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that people who eat foods high in vitamin C are more successful at staving off the effects of premature aging of the skin.
2. Eat more vegetables. They contain lots of fiber, vitamins and minerals and are low in calories. They’re the key to maintaining health and a comfortable weight.
3. Cut down on sugar intake and don’t use artificial sweeteners.
4. Expand your palate. Things like kale, bitter melon and pomegranate may be acquired tastes but if you like them, you’re adding to your arsenal of healthy foods – all of which helps in weight management.
5. Cook more at home. It is not only healthier because you can choose exactly which ingredients to use but also helps save money.
6. Set yourself a goal to exercise daily, as consistency is key. To challenge yourself, each week increase the intensity of whatever you choose to do, a little bit at a time.
7. Spend less time in front of the screen (mobile phones, tablets, TV, etc.) and more time making actual contact with living beings. For example, have tea with friends, take an exercise class, walk the dog, etc.
8. Wear shoes that are supportive and comfortable. When feet are uncomfortable, the whole body suffers. Feet carry us where we need to go, so be kind to them and we have a better chance that they’ll work throughout our lives. Try the Kenko mSteps® featuring energizing massage nodes on insoles that offer extraordinary comfort and the refreshing sensation of a foot massage.
9. Be helpful. Whether we volunteer our time or donate to worthy causes, helping others is a win-win. We end up with a better self-image, which in turn creates an overall sense of wellbeing.
10. Take the stairs wherever you can. That doesn’t mean climbing a high-rise, but three or four stories is a good way to add to a short walk in a building. During inclement weather, consciously using the stairs is a great way to do a mini-workout.
Start the New Year with the New Year Cleanse Pack (# 88046). Containing the KENZEN Cleansedx, KENZEN Digestion Complex 4-20 and the KVB® Natural Food Mix Chocolate.
SAVE 50% when purchasing these products in the New Year Cleanse Pack versus individually!
Offer valid 2nd January – 31st March 2019
7th January 2019