Your skin is your largest organ and has many important functions including protecting internal organs and systems, regulating body temperature and removing toxins.
Younger adults who experience minor injury will likely find that their skin recovers fairly quickly. However, with age, the skin becomes drier and more delicate. Thus, it is advisable to apply an appropriate moisturiser daily. During the warm summer months, be sure to use a cream-based moisturizer to help reduce water loss from the skin. TRUE elements® Moisturising Body Lotion 200 ml (#2046) is packed full of organic sea plant ingredients and shea butter to help maintain moisture and tone.
While the skin is made up of the same layers, it is very different depending on where on the body it is. For example, the skin on your face is different from the skin on your palms. A good skin care regime will go a long way in keeping your skin soft and supple. Look out for the return of Nikken’s TRUE elements® Hand and Foot Cream, in a bigger size – 75 ml.
Here are some tips for maintaining healthy looking skin:
1. Drink plenty of water. During the summer months, it is particularly important to hydrate your skin as sunshine, high temperatures and increased perspiration may all have a dehydrating effect.
2. Clean your skin from head to toe using a pH balanced shower gel to preserve the natural protective film (hydrolipidic film) that covers its entire surface. Its main function is to protect the skin against bacteria and at the same time it helps maintain its suppleness and retain moisture in the skin. Use the Nikken TRUE elements® Stimulating Shower Gel 200 ml (#2045), a pH balanced product that contains Brown Seaweeds and Marine Minerals to help maintain and preserve skins natural moisture.
3. Reduce stress and exercise more. Aerobic exercise can provide your body with a heavy dose of oxygenated blood. (This can help give your skin an instant glow for hours after a workout.) This is because the skin is filled with blood vessels that lie close to the surface. When you work out, the vessels dilate and give the skin a healthy, vibrant appearance.
4. Eat a healthy diet that includes many water-rich foods. What you eat reflects on your skin. Treat your skinkindly and optimise your nutritionby eating antioxidant-rich fruit and vegetables, healthy fats from oily fish and nuts and a varied and balanced diet. This can help towards providing optimal levels of the nutrients that are crucial for radiant skin, including beta-carotene, vitamins C and E, zinc and selenium.
These are a few, of many ways, to help improve cellular hydration throughout your skin – and your entire body! Nikken’s TRUE elements® Marine Organic skincare range1, certified by Ecocert2, may help you achieve just that!
Happy skin is a reflection of a healthy mind and a healthy body so look after it… all of it! Your body will thank you.
9thJuly – 31stAugust
Receive a FREE TRUE elements® Conditioner when purchasing a TRUE elements®Shampoo! Offer code #88037
* Look out for updates to our TRUE elements® Range and packaging!