It’s that time of year when we start to think about getting in shape for Summer…
But how exactly do we do it?
One of the most important aspects is our food intake… As the seasons change, our eating habits change too. Say good-bye to the rich and comforting winter meals and welcome the summer seasonal produce like fruit and salads! What you put in your body, along with exercising, is crucial to a healthy lifestyle as you want to loose weight and tone up. Eating the right foods can help make you feel happier and healthier.
Did you know…
1. Super foods1 are nutrient-rich and a catalyst for good health and overall wellbeing. Not only can they help optimize the natural immune system, are known to have body-healing compounds, but may also help reduce inflammation and even eliminate any harmful bacteria. What, when and how much you eat can help keep both your metabolism and energy levels steadily elevated, helping with raised energy levels throughout the day. Tap into the fat-burning power of foods like nuts, avocados, dark chocolate and New Zealand Kiwi.
2. The healthiest way to lose weight is neither crash diets nor bursts of exercise. The body likes slow changes in terms of food and exercise. For example, someone who hasn’t exercised for years shouldn’t rush into running miles a day. Not only will the struggle to do so leave you feeling disheartened and demotivated, you’re also far more likely to injure yourself and set your fitness levels back further. The same goes for people who suddenly cut out certain foods from their diets.
3. Diets that severely restrict calories or the types of food ‘allowed’ can lead you to be deficient in the nutrients and vitamins that your body needs. The Eat Well Guide2, provided by NHS England, offers an abundance of information on how to eat healthy without cutting out produce packed with essential nutrients.
Here are some tips to help you manage your weight and avoid cravings:
1. Replace your daily coffee or regular tea with herbal tea or green tea. Try the Kenzen Ten4® Matcha Green Tea Drink and help wake up your body and mind the natural way… According to a study conducted by scientists from the China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences3, regular consumption of green tea could help keep your bones stronger as you age.
2. Include MCT’s in your meals (medium chain triglycerides). MCT’s are good fats which have also been shown to suppress appetite. In one 14-day study, six male volunteers were allowed unlimited access to one of three diets: a low MCT diet, a medium MCT diet and a high MCT diet. Calorie consumption was significantly lower on the high MCT diet. The researchers noted that substituting MCTs for other fats in a high-fat diet “can limit the excess energy intakes and weight gain produced by high-fat, energy-dense diets.”4 We’ve made it easy to access these valuable fats by making it our second ingredient in the high protein, low-carb KVB® Natural Food Mix Meal Replacement that offers only 125 calories per serving, allowing you to reap the benefits and enjoy the Nikken Active Wellness lifestyle.
1. Take care of your gut. Nikken’s Kenzen Digestion Complex 4-20 contains twenty natural digestive enzymes that act on all four different macronutrient types: fats, protein, carbohydrates and fiber. This wider range of enzymes may help you derive more energy from the food that you eat.
The healthy choices we make when it comes to food may help us manage weight, maintain focus and avoid cravings.
- Stubbs RJ, Harbron CG. ,“Covert manipulation of the ratio of medium- to long-chain triglycerides in isoenergetically dense diets: effect on food intake in ad libitum feeding men,” Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord1996 May;20(5):435-44.
Summer Offers… available until 31stAugust 2018
Kenzen ten4® Matcha Green Tea Drink – Buy one get one Free
#88036 – save £39.00
KBV® Natural Food Mix – Chocolate #16011 / Vanilla #16010
Save 50% – Only £35.00 each