We all know that our skeleton is a vital component of our body… but the list of its key functions may be longer than what you first thought:
- Provides support
- Protect our vital organs from damage
- Supports Movement
- Storage of essential minerals (including calcium and phosphorus)
- Blood cell production (red blood cells which carry oxygen and white blood cells which protect against infection and platelets)
- Endocrine regulation (releases hormone osteocalcin, involved in the regulation of blood sugar and fat deposit)
These functions mean that we really shouldn’t take our bone health for granted.
The internal dynamics…
Scientists have known for years that the key to building and maintaining strong bones is = calcium. The UK’s National Health Service (NHS) recommends 700 mg per day of calcium for both men and women ages 19+.1 However, the body actually finds calcium difficult to absorb – with less than 20% of the calcium we take in through food or supplements getting absorbed. If it’s not absorbed and utilised, it can’t do its job of strengthening and building our bones!
The mineral magnesium is also vital. Around 67% of total body magnesium is located in our bones. Magnesium helps calcium in the blood to move into the bones. Its intake with calcium has shown that it helps provide greater bone strengthening benefits than calcium alone.
The external dynamics…
Whilst ensuring you maintain a healthy diet to help give your body the nutrients it needs, there are other external activities that can also help maintain normal bones including bone strengthening exercises and even getting a good nights’ sleep!
Nature meets science…
Most people get enough nutrients from their diet alone, but there will be always be others who have low intake of one or more nutrients, or who have special nutritional needs for a particular supplement at certain times.
Nikken’s KENZEN® BDZ® is formulated to support bone strength and density, and is made with three patented blends:
We talked about the importance of Calcium and Magnesium in bone health above. In KENZEN® BDZ®, both of these are provided in the algae marine plant multi-mineral complex Aquamin®. Harvested from the pristine waters off the northern coast of Iceland, in addition to algae, Aquamin® also contains 72 trace minerals that are essential to life and critical biochemical pathways.2
Andrographis Paniculata is a herbaceous plant with extracts that are clinically-proven for healthy anti-inflammatory benefits – beneficial for both bone and joint health. In KENZEN® BDZ®, ParActin® is a patented extract of Andrographic Paniculata.3
Vitamin K2 is also required for the formation of some proteins important for the maintenance of healthy bones. One example is osteocalcin, a protein that regulates the amount of calcium that is added to bones. Vitamin K2 helps absorb and bind calcium to the bones matrix to help build healthy bones. In KENZEN ® BDZ® vitamin K2 is delivered in the complex MenaQ7® – naturally derived, in its natural form its more readily absorbed and has a longer half-life, allowing it to remain in the body for longer.4
KENZEN® BDZ® also contains two single ingredients from the Ayurvedic tradition:
- CurcuCare™– a concentrated amount of the highly studied phytonutrient Curcumin, found in Turmeric, used for over 4000 years to support a healthy lifestyle. Curcumin extract has greater bioavailability than standard Turmeric. It maintains its native form, leading to higher circulating levels that stay in the system longer.5
- Boswellia Serrata also known as Indian Frankincense, can contribute to maintenance of healthy joint function, mobility and flexibility.
KENZEN® BDZ® can be taken alongside your preferred calcium supplement and is available on Autoship. Sign up to Autoship for products delivered straight to your door monthly or quarterly and you’ll save on the price too!
Shop here: https://bit.ly/39D7J0u
3rd August 2020