Nature is important to everyone. Not just for recreation, but also as an escape and a way to connect to something greater.
Exercising in your local green space could offer you a number of added benefits. Not only will you connect more with nature but your body and mind will benefit from the fresh air, sunshine and the green surroundings. However, there are still plenty of ways to stay connected to nature from comfort of your own home too.
Outdoors. No matter what kind of green space it is, a courtyard outside an apartment block, your local park or garden, being outdoors will help you get your daily fix of greenery and sunlight. Just like taking your vitamins, it’s equally as important to find a few moments to pause and surround yourself with greenery or other natural scenery to restore your nervous system.
– Enjoy your lunch outside. Get your daily quota of vitamin D by eating your lunch outside.
– Practice yoga outside. On those warmer days why not take your mat outside and listen to the sound of the birds while you move.
– Practice mindfulness outside. Find a quiet spot and focus on your breath flowing in and out. If you have a few minutes to spare, try focusing on one sense at a time to see what you can hear or smell. This can help you enter a meditative state, ease some anxiety and it’s a simply good way to connect more deeply with the natural world around you.
– Take up some gardening outside. Nature is our solace and gardening is the perfect excuse to spend more time in it.
Indoors. You can still enjoy the many benefits of nature inside too.
– Play nature sounds inside your home. Natural sounds such as ocean waves or birds singing can help you relax and improve your mood.
– Grow seedling inside. A few seeds on a windowsill or nurturing a plant are a fantastic way to feel connected to nature. Whether you’re growing vegetable plants or flowers, you can watch the progress every day as the seedlings begin to sprout and grow.
– Ground yourself at home. Grounding, otherwise knows as Earthing, is becoming recognised as a powerful new way to help you on your journey to an Active Wellness Lifestyle. Try Nikken’s KenkoGround® 1, an indoor portable way to reconnect with Mother Nature while indoors. The KenkoGround® can help you make the connection to the Earth’s negative charge when you’re working at the computer, sleeping in bed, exercising or doing yoga.
– Be comfortable in your home-working environment. If you’re sitting on an office chair keep your back supported. With its soft, durable and breathable polyester cover, as well as a naturally anti-bacterial latex base, Nikken’s KenkoSeat® is ideal for your home-office chair, not only providing comfort and support, but also helping to promote correct posture for your back. Its built-in Negative Ion Technology replicates the calming, negative ion rich environment found in forest air and near waterfalls bringing nature inside your home environment.
18th May 2020