Research shows that men seek regular medical care less often than women and they’re more likely to choose unhealthy or risky behaviour. The more committed you are to choosing healthy lifestyle choices; the easier it is to maintain your health.
June is Men’s Health Awareness Month and here are some useful tips to help Men maintain good health:
1. Routine check–ups are important to monitor heart health. According to the British Heart Foundation charity, men are more likely than women to develop heart disease at some point in their lives.1
2. Don’t smoke. Avoid exposure to second-hand smoke, air pollution and chemicals, as much as possible.
3. Limit alcohol. Imbibe in moderation, which means up to two drinks a day for men 65 and younger and one drink for those older. Moderate alcohol use for healthy adults means up to two drinks a day for men age 65 and younger.2
4. Eat a healthy diet. Choose vegetables, fruits, whole grains, high-fiber foods and lean sources of protein, such as fish and free-range chicken. Limit foods high in saturated and trans fat, sodium and sugar. Supplement your daily diet. Containing lycopene, powered garlic, tomato and pumpkin seed, Nikken’s Kasai for Men (#2515) is designed to help contribute to men’s wellbeing.
5. Exercise regularly. It’s common knowledge that exercise boosts physical and mental wellbeing. Make sure you are supported in your exercise routine to avoid injuries. Wear suitable footwear and support your muscles during the harder training sessions and after. The KenkoTherm DUK® Tape (#4065) from Nikken is made from flexible cotton tape; it can help promote greater freedom of movement and can be worn while exercising or all day long. Take advantage of the current offer – buy 6 to receive one FREE (use code 88056).
Father’s Day is nearly upon us… what better gift for an active Dad then the Nikken PowerBand® (#5216), a comfortable magnetic bracelet that’s perfect during sports and other activities.
This month of June, let’s celebrate all the Men in our lives.
10th June 2019