Most people spend more time outdoors during the summer months. Hair can become damaged from being exposed to sun, wind and chlorine. Effective hair care requires a good shampoo and conditioner, but what about the water used to wash it?
Unfiltered water generally contains sediment, minerals and chemicals (such as chlorine) purported to clean the water system that is installed in each home. None of these are helpful in maintaining clean hair and a healthy scalp. What could make a huge difference is the PiMag MicroJet® Shower System (#1466). You would normally think of water filters only in terms of clean drinking water, but the PiMag MicroJet® Shower System (#1466) could effectively help in reducing chlorine exposure and makes shower water comparable in quality to filtered drinking water.
Depending on your natural hair colour, ongoing chlorine exposure may transform it to various shades of yellow, green or blue also drying it out. Chlorine also tends to fade hair dye and highlights, increasing the cost of colour maintenance. It’s so much more cost-effective and practical to install the PiMag MicroJet® Shower System, which is far superior to other chlorine-reduction systems.
Here are the benefits of Nikken’s PiMag MicroJet® Shower System:
1. Most chlorine-reduction shower filters trap part of the chlorine or add other chemicals to counteract it. Nikken’s PiMag MicroJet® uses a reduction/oxidation process to convert free-radical chlorine ions to neutral chlorides. In addition, the Nikken Magnetic Technology helps condition the water without the use of salt or other chemical additives. The magnetic field assists in reducing clumping to reduce in turn, mineral buildup.
2. Even more effective filtration is achieved by the patent-pending Air-Induction Technology, which injects air into the shower stream to create a higher air-to-water ratio. The result is a water stream that is less viscous and has less surface tension so it passes through the nozzle with decreased resistance, which helps maintain water pressure without requiring a higher flow rate.
3. The PiMag MicroJet® nozzle releases streams of microbubbles within the water flow, producing an effective cleansing action that penetrates surface buildup of dirt and helps moisturize skin and scalp so they feel fresh and soft.
Useful Active Wellness hair care tips:
1. Once you have washed your hair, try rinsing it out with cold water. The cold temperature constricts hair cuticles and makes the strands smoother and more reflective. It also prevents dirt from accumulating on the scalp and helps strength hair. The cold water rinse may leave your hair looking glossier and shinier.
2. Before swimming, wet your hair with cold water so that it has already absorbed clean water and will then soak up less of the salt or chlorinated water. (Chlorine and salt water make hair frizzy.)
3. After swimming, if you stay out in the sun or delay going to the shower, coat your hair with TRUE elements® Conditioner, as it might help prevent damage.
4. Use TRUE elements® Shampoo and Conditioner regularly all year round and wash more frequently during summer months. Non-irritating to sensitive skin, the TRUE elements® Hair Care range does NOT contain commonly used chemical ingredients found in many name brands.
5. Bring the TRUE Elements® Shampoo and Conditioner with you to the gym, the pool, and the beach.
6. Drink lots of water. Dehydration has a direct impact on hair growth, and lack of hydration produces dry and brittle hair. It also may decrease the rate of growth.
Take advantage of our Haircare Special Offer!
9th July – 31st August
Receive a FREE TRUE elements® Conditioner when purchasing a TRUE elements® Shampoo! Offer code #88037