As we approach the end of 2017, it is the perfect time to assess some of the up-coming health trends for 2018.
- Less sugar consumption. A recent survey found that 12% fewer adults and 19% fewer children have a sugary beverage like soda or juice on any given day compared to data from 2003.1 Nikken uses stevia as a natural sweetener in KVB®Natural Food Mix and in Kenzen Ten4® Matcha Green Tea Drink; as this herb does not contain any calories but has a naturally very sweet taste. Find out more information about stevia in our blog ‘Swapping Sugar for Stevia is a sweet choice’.
- Matcha Tea. The powdered tea dates back to the 10th century, when Zen Buddhists thought that the tea brought them a sense of clarity, energy and a feeling of wellbeing. Kenzen Ten4®Matcha Green Tea Drink is made with the highest quality of organic matcha tea leaves; launched in 2014 ahead of the trend. Kenzen Ten4® is made with USDA certified organic ingredients, contains no added sugar and is only 8 calories per serving (4 calories per 100ml). Matcha Green Tea is known as “nature’s own energy drink” while New Zealand Kiwi also included in this drink, is known to be one of the most nutrient-dense of the super-fruits.
- Increase in water intake. People are learning to drink more water to stay hydrated throughout the day. Dehydration may cause dizziness and headaches. To help increase water consumption, you can stir in lemon, orange or add Ciaga®ᵛ for a flavour boost, and try to drink a whole glass of water at each meal. For fresh filtered water at home, try PiMag Waterfall® Gravity Water System.
- Flexitarian diet. 2 The focus is on incorporating more plant-based food into the diet without completely forgoing meat. Gradually replace some meat and seafood with vegetable proteins. With KVB®Natural Food Mix and the Everyday Weight Management programme, it’s easy to focus on a plant-based diet that includes some lean meat.
- Temperature regulating fabric. Nikken incorporates ceramic-reflective fibers in our sleep products and support wraps to help release heat and maintain a comfortable temperature.
- “Smart” beds and pillows to help you sleep better. The Kenko Sleep system offers improved support for the musculoskeletal system, improved temperature control and additional enhancements in comfort that may contribute to quality sleep.